Thursday, May 5, 2011

He's dead now...

                                                                                                     Source: NYT.com
  I found it fairly surprising that Osama bin Laden was just now kill. I thought that h should have died a while ago. Not much information has been released on how the operation went down. But, killing an unarmed man? While they say that he did have a weapon with in reach, can we really know that that is the real reason, or just some soldier taking justice into their own hands. For such a major operation, there seems to have been an insignificant amount of fighting.
     I do believe that it is appropriate that the photo of the body are not displayed, it would be glorifying to death to much. I think that after the raid happened and bin Laden was killed, a burial at sea took place. No big deal or lasting remained remains behinds.
     While most is sincere, Obama honoring the victims of 9/11 may be in part a public relations move.

No comments:

Post a Comment