Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Movie: Act of War


I belive that this documentary over the the History of Hawaii was informative. However, just because they present good ideas do they have to be accepted at face value. While the truth may be their, it only really focises on the side of the oppresed. The side of the governing (white) party is not really addresses. However, they do do a good jod of playing on your emotions.

The use of old speeches and interviews, as well as voice over narration makes it effective. The interviews shows how the feeling currently are. The old speeches, while how they were presented was slightly annoying, were good in setting the tone for how it was back then. AAn additional downside that i think is that it film was to long. While it was not to bad I did begin to lose interest nearing the end.

The most effective part I think of the film were the current footage. Even though I do not think it was done in the best manner, it is some of the strongest proof that these issue are still surging.
Please vist: http://www.namaka.com/catalog/history/actofwar.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment